Make the most of your Globe services whether you are traveling abroad or traveling in the Philippines!
With Globe’s Worldwidest Services you are guaranteed to enjoy affordable roaming rates and clear connections wherever you are in the world!
So for your added convenience while traveling, choose Globe as your roaming partner now.
Step 1: ACTIVATE your roaming while still in the Philippines
· Postpaid subscribers can call 211 (toll-free) via mobile.
· Prepaid clients can text GROAM ON <startdate mm/dd/yyyy> and send to 2884. Free of Charge.
Example: GROAM ON 06/01/2008
Step 2: For HELP while roaming, you can call our 24/7 Customer Service Hotline
· Postpaid subscribers can call +632.7301212 from your mobile (toll-free)
· Prepaid clients can call *131*6327301212# from your mobile (toll-free)
How to MAKE CALLS while roaming:
· Postpaid subscribers
Simply dial “+” + country code + area code (or operator code) + phone number.
Example: +6327301000 if landline or +639178000000 if mobile and press SEND.
· Prepaid clients
Dial *131* + country code + area code (or operator code) + phone number + # sign.
e.g. *131*6327301000# if landline or *131*639178000000# if mobile and press SEND.
How to SEND MESSAGES while roaming:
Use the International Number format when sending a message to someone: "+" + country code + mobile access number + mobile number.
Example: +639xxxxxxxxxx, and press SEND.
Tips while Roaming:
· Bring the phone manual with you while roaming.
· Make sure that your phone’s charger can operate at the power voltage in the countries you are visiting.
· The Message Center Number to be used while roaming should be +639170000130.
· Make sure that your GPRS settings are correct to enjoy seamless data browsing in foreign countries where GPRS Roaming is available. You may call Globe Customer Service for more information.
· Most phones are set to Automatic Network Selection, which means that it will automatically pick up the network of your visited country. If you are unable to get a signal immediately, turn off your phone and on again so that it can refresh and pick up the signal of the available network.
· Ensure you press the “END” button on your mobile phone after every outgoing call conversation and after every incoming call conversation to avoid long duration charges.
· Please always activate your “KEYPAD LOCKED” when unit is not in use to avoid involuntary calls.
· Always check your dialing format before calling. For ease of calling back to the Philippines, you may wish to store “+63” for the Philippine Country code followed by your friends and family’s phone numbers. For Prepaid subscribers, please click here for the dialing procedures.
· As a member of the Bridge Mobile Alliance, you are entitled to special data rates when you roam within the member operators. For more info, check out www.bridgemobile.com.
· For more information on rates and available roaming partners in foreign countries, please contact Globe Telecom Customer Service.
QUICK and EASY Guide for Prepaid Roaming:
To use commands: text (keyword) and send to 2884.
|To activate (Free of Charge)||GROAM ON <startdate mm/dd/yyyy>|
Ex. GROAM ON 06/01/2008
|To extend*||GROAM EXTEND <# of days>|
Ex.: GROAM EXTEND 180
|To request status*||GROAM STATUS|
|To know if the country offers Prepaid International Roaming*||GLIST <name of country>|
Ex.: GLIST CANADA
|To get more information*||GROAM HELP|
|To de-activate (Free of charge if sent while in the Philippines and P25 if sent outside the Philippines)||GROAM OFF|
· A minimum balance of P80 is required to make and receive a call while roaming. A minimum balance of P25 is required to send a text message.
· As soon as you arrive in the Philippines, please be reminded to text GROAM OFF and send to 2884 so that the minimum balance as stated above for calling and texting will not apply.
Mobile Phones you can use while roaming:
· Different countries use different GSM frequencies. While most countries operate on the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz, there are countries that operate on the 1900 MHz frequency and require the use of a tri-band or 3G phone model. Please call our Customer Service Hotline +6327301000 via landline or 211 via mobile for more information.
· For Postpaid subscribers who do not have compatible handsets, there are available phones that can be rented at any Globe Business Center for a minimal fee to be charged to your monthly bill.
Traveling in the Philippines?
· Staying connected with your loved ones back home is just a few key strokes away with our affordable roaming rates, clear connections and nationwide coverage!
· So for your added convenience while traveling, choose Globe as your roaming partner now.
· Here’s how:
Step 1: ACTIVATE your roaming
· Go to the “Network Selection” setting on your mobile phone.
· Choose MANUAL, and select GLOBE.
Tips: Different handsets have different procedures in setting the network. Usually, it is found on the “Setting” Menu. Step 2: For HELP, you can call our 24/7 Customer Service Hotline: simply dial +6327301212 from your mobile When making calls and sending messages while roaming in the Philippines, simply use the International Number Format: "+" + country code + phone number.
Example: +6327301000 if landline or +639178000000 if mobile.
Prepaid Roaming Rates and Zones